Bridging the gap between students and professionals
Welcome to the home page of the IAIAsa KZN Student Branch. The IAIAsa KZN student branch falls under the IAIAsa KZN branch which is provincial and this falls under the greater IAIAsa branch which is national.The aim of the Branch is to establish strong links between students in the geography and environmental science fields and the “working world”. By fostering strong relationships between students and IAIAsa KZN (Provincial Branch) members, it allows for a greater transfer of benefits and resources between both sectors. These links give students the opportunity to network and gain a greater understanding of what the working world has to offer. Many local companies, NGOs and organizations constantly support the student branch, offering students internships, job opportunities and mentorship (See "Friends of the Branch" below).
The key objectives of the Branch are:
- Providing students with the opportunity to enhance their job prospects by becoming more marketable in the job market and increasing the chances of students finding work once qualified
- Allowing students to garner a better understanding of the different fields within environmental management
- Allowing students to get a firm grip on the structure of environmental management in South Africa and to familiarise them with processes and terminology used within the field.
- To increase student’s networking potential and ability to make contacts within the Environmental management field.
- Provide a platform for which internships can be offered to students from environmental companies and organisations.
- Provide an avenue for consultants and practitioners to conduct activities to attain CPD points.
Friends of the Branch
The IAIAsa National and Provincial as well as many local companies, NGOs and organizations constantly support the Student Branch, offering students internships, job opportunities and mentorship.